"The General Directory for Catechesis places catechesis within the framework of evangelization. Together they function toward bringing people to maturity of faith. This faith maturity is realized at any age, but it is adults who are most capable of making a free and full response to the gospel message. Therefore, the catechesis of adults holds the highest priority in the Church's catechetical mission." General Directory for Catechesis 59
Here at St. Thomas Aquinas, we offer diverse opportunities to support adults who would like to learn more about their faith. Over the last 2 years, these programs have included: "A Quick Journey Through the Bible", "A Biblical Walk Through the Mass", "Introduction to the Theology of the Body" (all published by Ascension Press), a presentation on "God, Sex, and the Meaning of Life" by Bill Donaghy of the Theology of the Body Institute, and a year-round Women's Book and Bible Study.
In the fall, as we have begun the Year of Faith which Pope Benedict commenced on October 11, 2012, we have also offered opportunities such as:
- "Persons in Christ", a formation series presented by Meghan Cokeley of the Office of Life, Family and the Laity
- "Eat, Pray, and Learn", a potluck dinner / Q&A session in which our pastor, Fr. Mike, answered various questions on Catholicism, the Church, and the Priesthood.
- A parish Marian Consecration, which occurred on the Feast of the Assumption. Using Fr. Michael Gaitley's program "33 Days to Morning Glory," a new and exciting guide to spiritual renewal, 15 of our parishoners, including our pastor, drew closer to Jesus through the heart of Mary!
- Our Women's Group, which will reopen to new members in the Spring of 2014. We are journeying through "Wrapped Up - God's Ten Gifts for Women" by Teresa Tomeo & Cheryl Dickow. With the help of this book and each other, we strive in our common desire to draw deeper into relationship with Our Lord, learn how to accept His great love for us, and better understand how to serve as Christian women in our world.
- An upcoming Christmas Concert, in which our parish will welcome Tajci, an internationally renowned Catholic singer, songwriter, and recording artist will perform in concert in the church on Saturday, Dec. 14th at 7PM. See the News/Events page for more info!
Questions, Thoughts, Suggestions? Contact Jaime Roth, Volunteer Adult Faith Formation Coordinator at (215) 817-2821 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness." ~Blessed Mother Teresa